What Is a Conversion Kit?
What is a Mid-Drive Motor?
A Mid-Drive motor is the second type of electric bike motor. located under the crank of the bike as opposed to in the wheel of the bike.
A Mid-Drive motor works with your bike's gears, providing you with more power when going up hills and more speed on flat roads depending on what gear your currently in. Many high quality electric bikes opt to use a Mid-Drive over a hub wheel due to it providing more power at similar wattage's.
Our conversion kit batteries have a yet another advantage, they boast a higher wattage then the industry standard 250w and 500w motors. Making bikes with our conversion kits on them some of the strongest currently in the market.
There are 3 ways to ride!
- Regular: Ride the bike without any power. Or ride the bike in pedal assist mode 0.
- Pedal Assist: As you pedal the motor will give you power and assist with your ride. There are 9 levels of pedal assistance as standard on our converted electric bikes.The levels can be altered, and each can have the acceleration or speed programmed to suit your riding needs.
- Throttle: The throttle will activate the motor without the need to pedal. Your speed in this mode can be set to act according to what pedal assist mode you’re in. Or it can have its own settings based on what the user wants.
Optimize your ride!
By changing your chain ring, you can optimize your converted bike to suit all of your needs.
- First / Small Chain Ring: Powers up the Bike, with increased torque to help you up hills or through rougher terrains. Best for those who are interested in going places where most bikes would not be able to reach
- Second / Medium Chain Ring: The standard size, it offers a fantastic mixture of power and speed making city and trail riding a breeze no matter what obstacles you face. Best for those who are interested in commuting, or weekend rides.
- Third / Large Chain Ring: The thrill of speed, with this chain ring you will be blazing a path through any location you choose to ride. Best suited for thrill rides, or commuters wanting to save on time
Choose Your Settings!
Our Bafang Mid-Drive kits come with various different Settings for you to choose from. For those looking for a more peaceful commute, we can give you a slower accelerating bike without sacrificing on its overall power. While for those who want a thrill, we can raise the acceleration and speed giving you a bike that can go head to head with some of the fastest factory electric bike!
Examples of Possible Conversion eBikes....
- Tandem bikes tandem ebike
- Recumbent Bikes
- Small Frame (15") Bikes women ebike
- Comfort Bikes
- City Bikes
- And Much More!
e bike conversion
How to Choose a Conversion
1. Choose the Motor you want.
Consider what you would use your converted bike for / what you value most. If you are riding more casually or aiming for a cheaper option. The BBS02 provides the best mix of power and value. The BBSHD is for people with fat bikes, or those looking to ride up steeper hills or maintain their speed easier.
2. Choose A Battery That Suits Your Needs.
Next choose a battery based off your needs. while remembering higher voltage batteries provide more power, and higher AH batteries provide more range.
|Low cost, with less power then the average E-bike in the market. Main advantage is its lower cost, smaller size, and lighter weight.||The average size for E-bike batteries in the market. Main advantage is its Balanced mix of power, and cost.||High cost, with More power then the average E-bike in the market. Main advantage is its power.|
Note: 52v batteries do not work with BBS02 Motors, and are rare. Please talk to us if you are interested in this option. 36v Batteries do not work with the BBSHD.
|7 Ah||Range of 30km, good for low cost conversion kits|
|10 Ah||Range of 50Km, good for commuter conversion Kits|
|14 Ah||Range of 65Km, good for BBSHD and / or long range commuter bikes|
|17 Ah||Range of 80km, good for high range / high power conversion kits.|
Note: only 14Ah and up batteries work with BBSHD conversion kits
This is for those who are looking for setups different then our normal conversion kits. We offer;
- Different Front Chainrings to change your bikes overall torque or speed
- Different types of throttles dependent on your needs,
- Different displays so you can personalize your bike
- and much more!
Make sure to ask us if there is something you want done on your conversion. We will see if its possible for us to do.
Note: above options are dependent on both stock status, and if your bike allows for the installations of the accessory you are looking for.
Why Shop at Power In Motion?
With 15 years worth of experience in the electric bike market. Our team offers only the best support and quality service to all of our customers! Our store is filled with high quality brands. Like the Canadian iGo and Surface 604 Products. The Beautifully crafted Folding Bikes from Tern, or the Unique Mountain and pavement folding bikes from Montague. Our catalog does not stop there either, we are rare dealers of Segway Ninebot Electric Scooter products, the First Bixpy watercraft Motor Dealer, and even offer our own Conversion Kit, and Heated Glove Products!
Discounted & Free Shipping Rates through Familiar shipping services such as UPS, Canada Post, and Fedex
Fast & Reliable Support for all our products, wherever you may be!
Free In Store Pickup at our Calgary Storefront Available. New bikes bought instore come fully assembled with no extra fee!
High Quality products with superior build & ride quality! From brands you can trust!
Motor Kits for custom electric bike builds. And Bixpy Watercraft motor kit for quick Motorization of paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, and more!
Walk in Mechanic Service center for all of our products. With fast turnaround times!
Extremely fair return and warranty services, so you never feel cheated.
We are Proudly Canadian, and have spent our 15 years as a local shop in Calgary. We share that pride with our Fellow Canadian Brands iGO & Surface 604. Who both offer support for their products all across Canada!
Disocunted / Free Shipping Rates from Power In Motion to | Ontario | Quebec | British Columbia | Alberta | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia |Prince Edward | Manitoba Saskatchewan | Newfoundland & Labrador | Compact Folding Bike | Pavement / City / Road Folding Bike | Pavement / City / Road Folding Electric Bike | Dahon | Tern | Montague | Link D8 | Link A7 | Paratrooper | Boston | Urban | Paratrooper Pro | Electric Bike | Ebike | iGO | IGO | igo | Surface 604 | Smartmotion | Paddleboard | Kayak | Conoe | Raft | Inflatable | Aqua Marina | Conversion | Hub Motor | Mid Drive Moter | 500w | 750w | 1000w | 250w | Power In Motion | Calgary | Ottawa, Canada | St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador | Halifax, Nova Scotia | Fredericton, New Brunswick | Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island | Québec, Quebec | Toronto, Ontario | Winnipeg, Manitoba | Regina, Saskatchewan | Edmonton, Alberta | Victoria, British Columbia | Iqaluit, Nunavut | Yellowknife, Northwest Territories | Whitehorse, Yukon